Facebook averages 1.44 billion active users each month
Facebook has recently announced its quarterly earnings and showed highlights on what the social media giant has achieved so far.
Facebook’s CEO, Mark Zuckerberg, has posted on his page the highlights from this quarter including milestones from Facebook-acquired companies like WhatsApp and Instagram. Below are Facebook’s latest numbers for Q1 2015.
* 1.44 billion people on Facebook each month
* 800 million people on WhatsApp each month
* 700 million people on Groups each month
* 600 million people on Messenger
* 300 million people on Instagram each month
* 45 billion messages sent daily
* 4 billion video views daily
* 800 million people offered access through Internet.org
* 650 million people connected to a sports Page
* 2 million advertisers
Below are the operational highlights for Q1 2015:
* Daily active users (DAUs) were 936 million on average for March 2015, an increase of 17% year-over-year.
* Mobile DAUs were 798 million on average for March 2015, an increase of 31% year-over-year.
* Monthly active users (MAUs) were 1.44 billion as of March 31, 2015, an increase of 13% year-over-year.
* Mobile MAUs were 1.25 billion as of March 31, 2015, an increase of 24% year-over-year.