Top legit 5 places your leaked information can be sold to
While most people are going amok with their leaked information from the COMELEC database and are afraid they will be target by scammers, there are actually a few places where those information can be used and make a profit from.
1) Credit Card Companies. If you’ve experienced getting a phone call or two with an offer to give you a pre-approved credit card, your leaked data could have given out enough information to make those calls and even a mail with an offer to a shining new card. And if you asked them where they got your number or who referred you to them, they can always look at the leaked data and point out your parents or spouse as the one who gave your name and number. The group does not even need to be the credit card companies but just one of their third-party agents.
2) Real Estate Agents. If you look thru the database, you can filter them by location (as specific as posh subdivisions and high-profile condominiums) and target those persons living in the area and send out a brochure for a new real estate project.
Ever gotten unsolicited text messages or emails regarding new pre-selling condominiums. Expect more of them offers if your data is included in the leaked database.
3) Bank Loans. Ever gotten an SMS saying you can get a personal loan from Php50,000 to Php1 million even without collaterals? If your mobile number is included in the leaked database, expect more targeted text messages for loan offers.
4) Car Loans. Just like in #3, there are a lot of small-time players offering car loans (as well as SSS loans, seaman’s loans, salary loans) with promise of fast processing and low interest, and you might have received an SMS about them at one time or another.
5) Insurance Companies. Remember Caritas Health Shield Inc. and training provider Center for Global Best Practices (see story here)? These are two companies banned by the NTC to send out spam messages to people offering them of an allegedly free health insurance coverage.
One can only imagine what they could now do with all those leaked infromation.
There are actually more individuals and companies that will find the database very useful for their businesses. They could be legit businesses but your personal information just made their work much easier than before.