Motorola unveils Moto Z3 Play
Motorola has always been proud of their Moto mods which is the backbone of their Z series flagship. Today, the company just announced the new standard bearer of the series that supports and will support, all of those current and future mods, the Moto Z3 Play.
Motorola did a big step up in terms of the design of the Moto Z3 Play. We now have a slimmer front panel, thanks to the thinner side and bottom bezels. The brand was able to trim down the phone’s chin by transferring the fingerprint scanner to the Z3’s right side, similar to what we’ve seen with previous Xperia devices. Both the front and the back of the device is protected by Corning Gorilla Glass 3.
As for the specs, we have a 6.0-inch 18:9 FHD+ Super AMOLED display, a Qualcomm Snapdragon 636 chipset, Adreno 509 GPU, 4GB of RAM, 32 or 64GB of internal storage, Android 8.1 Oreo, and a 3,000mAh battery. Noticeable absent though is a 3.5mm audio port.
At the back, we have the signature protruding circular camera mount that houses the dual 12MP + 5MP rear cameras. The front, on the other hand, is an 8MP shooter.
Motorola Moto Z3 Play specifications
- 6.0-inch FHD+ (2160 x 1080) Super AMOLED 18:9 display, Gorilla Glass 3
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 636 1.8GHz octa-core processor
- Adreno 509 GPU
- 4GB RAM
- 32 or 64GB internal storage, expandable up to 400GB (dedicated slot)
- 12MP f/1.7 aperture main + 5MP depth-sensing secondary rear cameras with LED flash
- 8MP f/2.0 front camera with screen flash
- Dual-SIM or Single (nano)
- 4G LTE
- USB Type-C
- WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac
- Bluetooth 5.0
- GPS, A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS
- Fingerprint Scanner
- Splash and dust resistant
- Android 8.1 Oreo
- 3,000mAh with TurboPower charging
- 156.5 x 76.5 x 6.8 mm
- 156 g
The Moto Z3 Play is priced at $499 (~Php 26,170) with a bundled battery mode in the US. Availability is around summer. Local pricing and availability are yet to be announced.