Samsung updates its list of devices to get monthly and quarterly security updates
Samsung has made some changes to its list of devices to receive monthly and quarterly Android security update.
This includes dropping off the security support of 2016 versions of the Galaxy A3, J1, and J3 which are all around two years old at this point. On the other hand, the Galaxy J2 (2018), Galaxy Tab Active 2, and the recently launched Galaxy A8+ (2018) have been added to the quarterly list.
Current models for Monthly Security Updates
- Galaxy S series (S8, S8+, S8 Active, S7, S7 edge, S7 Active, S6, S6 edge, S6 edge+, S6 Active)
- Galaxy Note series (Note 8, Note 5)
- Galaxy A series (A5 (2016), A5 (2017), A8 (2018))
Current models for Quarterly Security Updates
- Galaxy A3 (2017), Galaxy A7 (2017)
- Galaxy J1 Mini, Galaxy J1 Mini Prime
- Galaxy J2 (2016), Galaxy J5 (2016), Galaxy J7 (2016)
- Galaxy J3 Pro, Galaxy J3 Pop, Galaxy J7 Pop
- Galaxy J3 (2017), Galaxy J5 (2017), Galaxy J7 (2017), Galaxy J7 Max, Galaxy J7 Neo
- Galaxy A8+ (2018), Galaxy J2 (2018)
- Galaxy Tab S2 L Refresh
- Galaxy Tab S3 9.7, Galaxy Tab Active2
- Note FE
The Galaxy S9 and Galaxy S9 Plus flagships haven’t made it yet to the list but that should happen soon.