More than 43,000 mobile devices seized by Customs
The Bureau of Customs were able to seize about 48,172 gadgets, accessories, and red wine at the Manila International Container Port. 43,300 of those are mobile phones.
According to a report by ABS-CBN News, the container van was from Hong Kong and the goods it was carrying were declared as casing thermos and gift boxes. Upon checking, it has something more valuable.
The shipment includes:
• 22,500 pieces of mobile phones
• 1,000 pieces of tablet phones
• 13,800 pieces of touchscreen phones
• 6,000 pieces of smartphones
• 4,000 pieces of remote controls for gaming purposes
• 290 boxes of batteries, charger and headset
• a box of mobile phone casings
• 582 bottles of red wine
The list was a bit vague when it differentiated mobile, touchscreen, and smartphones. Also, no brand was mentioned. The items have an estimated value of Php60,000,000 and were consigned to Uranus Enterprises.