Nintendo announces Switch Online service
Nintendo has recently announced a service that Switch users connect and play with other users around the world – the Nintendo Switch Online.
Nintendo Switch Online is a paid service that lets Switch owners enjoy online multiplayer gaming. It works similar to the PlayStation Plus or Xbox Live Gold.
Nintendo Switch Online features:
• Online lobby and voice chat – a dedicated smart device app will connect to Nintendo Switch and let you invite friends to play online, set play appointments, and chat with friends during online matches with compatible games?all from your smart device.
A free, limited version of this app will be available for download in summer 2017.
• Classic Game Selection – Subscribers will get to download a compilation of classic titles with added online play, such as Super Mario Bros. 3, Balloon Fight and Dr. Mario.
• Nintendo eShop deals – Special offers for subscribers may include discounts on select digital games and content.
• Access to Nintendo eShop
• Register and manage Friends
• Share screenshots to social media
• Access to Nintendo Switch Parental Controls app
1-month membership – USD 3.99
3-month membership – USD 7.99
12-month membership – USD 19.99
Nintendo is offering these online services for free until the paid service’s official launch in 2018.