Qualcomm introduces Quick Charge 3+
Qualcomm is bringing its fast charging technology at a lower price point with the release of the Quick Charge 3+
The Qualcomm Snapdragon 765 chipset will be the first chipset to use the Quick Charge 3+, with other platforms to follow. It’ll be first featured in Xiaomi’s Mi 10 Lite Zoom. Quick Charge 3+ features:
- Faster charging and better efficiency, capable of charging 0-50% in 15 minutes, while keeping a 9°C cooler temp
- Supports both USB Type-A and Type-C
- Backward compatibility the previous generations of Quick Charge devices
- Integrated cable power capability/identification, various safety mechanisms
- Supports new PMICs such as SMB1395/SMB1396, which lowers the cost, makes the architecture scalable with OEMs and eliminates the need for external components such as Over Voltage Protection.
You may check out Qualcomm’s full post here.