Christmas Gift Guide 2016: Best Laptops You Can Buy
We’re back with another gift guide for the holidays and this time we’re going to talk about laptops. These productivity and entertainment devices come in different sizes, features, as well as prices, and we hope this guide can help you pick the best one depending on your needs.
Note: Listings were sourced from Villman and PC Express.
Budget laptops (Under Php15,000)
For students or casual users with a tight budget, you can get a Windows-powered notebook for under Php15k. Since we’re on a lower budget, most of these laptops sport smaller displays starting at 10-inches which are good for those who prefer portability but there’s a couple with 14-inch screens. These laptops have 2GB RAM and run Windows 10. The Acer One 10 and the HP Pavilion x2 are both 2-in-1s with the latter slightly over the budget but still worthy of consideration.
• ASUS X453SA (14-inch, Intel Celeron N3050, 2GB RAM) – Php13,599
• Dell Inspiron 11 3162 (11.6-inch, Intel Celeron N3050, 2GB RAM) – Php13,980
• Lenovo IdeaPad 110 (14-inch, Intel Celeron N3160, 2GB RAM) – Php13,995
• Acer One 10 S1002 (10-inch, Intel Atom Z373F, 2GB RAM) – Php14,988
• HP Pavilion x2 10-P019TU (10.1-inch, Intel Atom x5-Z8350, 2GB RAM) – Php15,990
Budget laptops (Under Php30,000)
Let’s say you have double the budget but still don’t want to go overboard. Here are some worthy of consideration for under Php30k. These laptops have bigger displays, sports 4GB RAM, and Windows 10. Some even have a dedicated GPU for more demanding tasks.
• Dell Inspiron 15 5559 (15.6-inch, Intel Core i3-6100U, 2GB Radeon R5 M335, 4GB RAM) – Php27,492
• Lenovo Yoga 500-14 (14-inch, Intel Core i3-5020U, 4GB RAM) – Php28,495
• HP Pavilion x360 Convert 13-U036TU (13.3-inch, Intel Core i3-6100U, 4GB RAM) – Php29,988
• Acer Aspire E5-473G (14-inch, Intel Core i5-4210U, 2GB GeForce 920M, 4GB RAM) – Php29,988
• ASUS F450LD-CA051H (14-inch, Intel Core i5-4200U, 2GB NVIDIA GeForce 820, 4GB RAM) – Php29,999
Ultrabooks are becoming the biggest star of the laptop world thanks to their sleek design, premium build, and powerful internals. They’re expensive as well and go north of Php60k. There are plenty to choose from, the good thing is we have already made a couple of guides for them. Check them out below:
Last, but not the least, are gaming laptops. While ultrabooks boast sleek, jewel-like designs, the gaming laptops don’t care about that and sport intimidating, yet cool-looking builds, and very expensive price tags. For this category, we’re going to list the least expensive sporting NVIDIA’s latest GTX10-series GPUs.
• ASUS FX502VM-DM120T (15.6-inch, Intel Core i7-6700HQ, 3GB NVIDIA GTX 1060, 16GB RAM) – Php79,992
• Acer Predator 15 G9-593-74EL (15.6-inch, Intel Core i7-6700HQ, 8GB NVIDIA GTX 1070, 16GB RAM) – Php110,988
• MSI GAMING PRO GS63VR (15.6-inch, Intel Core i7-6700HQ, 6GB NVIDIA GTX 1060, 16GB RAM) – Php134,988
And there you have it. I hope this guide helped you when it comes to purchasing a laptop as a gift this holiday. If you have suggestions, feel free to let your fellow readers know by commenting below.