Qualcomm officially intros Snapdragon 820 processor with X12 LTE
Qualcomm has officially introduced its latest processor for high-end devices – the Snapdragon 820 with X12 LTE.
Qualcomm Snapdragon 820 CPU features:
• X12 LTE – 3x faster peak uploads speeds and 33% faster peak download speeds compared to X10 LTE.
• Kryo CPU and Hexagon 680 DSP – 2x performance and efficiency compared to Snapdragon 810, as well as improvements in performance and battery life.
• Adreno 530 GPU – 40% improvement to graphics performance, compute capabilities, and power usage compared to Adreno 430.
• Spectra Camera ISP – 14-bit Qualcomm Spectra camera Image Signal Processor (ISP) supports the capture of up to 28 megapixels. Supports 4K video recording.
• Supports both 802.11ad and 802.11ac 2×2 MU-MIMO.
• The first commercial processor to utilize LTE-U
• Quick Charge 3.0 is 4x faster than conventional charging and 38% more efficient than Quick Charge 2.0.