Seagate outs 12TB drives for NAS and Desktop
Seagate Technology has announced their IronWolf, IronWolf Pro and BarraCuda Pro hard drives with up to 12TB capacities.
The IronWolf and IronWolf Pro for NAS are packed in a small 3.5-inch form factor. With its 12TB capacity, this allows more space for file-sharing, remote access and backup for SMBs, enterprises and creative professionals.
* Optimized for multi-user environments providing WRL of up to 300TB/year (IronWolf Pro) and 180TB/year (IronWolf).
* IronWolf Health Management on compatible NAS systems for prevention, intervention, and recovery.
* AgileArray NAS optimized and error recovery improves drive health in a RAID array.
* Minimized vibrations in multi-drive systems with dual-plane balance and Rotational Vibration (RV) sensors — a first in NAS-class drives
* Low power and heat emission improve reliability.
* Near-silent acoustics.
* 24×7 performance.
* Industry leading MTBF (mean time between failures) of 1.2 million hours (IronWolf Pro) and 1 million hours (IronWolf).
3-year warranty (IronWolf) or 5-year warranty plus 2 years Seagate Rescue data recovery services included (IronWolf Pro)
Compatibility testing with top builders of NAS enclosures
The BarraCuda Pro Desktop Drive, on the other hand, is designed to handle demanding data management needs like creative editing workflows, large file transfers, photo-editing, gaming, and desktop computing.
* Versatile: Offering capacities up to a class-topping 12TB, BarraCuda Pro drives are well-suited to a broad variety of applications, from everyday business productivity tasks to video editing, gaming and more.
* Fast: BarraCuda Pro 12TB will push your PCs to even higher performance heights thanks to its max sustained data transfer rate of 250 MB/s, copious 256 MB cache and 7200-RPM spin speed.
* Dependable: With its 300TB/year WRL, 5-year warranty and 2 years of data recovery services included at no extra charge, BarraCuda Pro 12TB ensure complete peace of mind.
The new 12TB drives also support Seagate’s IronWolf Health Management (IHM) software which improves the overall system reliability by displaying actionable prevention, intervention or recovery options for the user. The feature will be available within the next quarter with NAS partners.
The 12TB versions of IronWolf, IronWolf Pro, and BarraCuda Pro are now shipping to customers worldwide.