Samsung Galaxy S3 finally gets Android 4.3
After the frustrating delay, the long wait of the Samsung Galaxy SIII users is now coming to an end. Samsung has finally started rolling out the much-awaited Android 4.3 update to the last year’s flagship.
The former Galaxy flagship gets the treat it deserves. Skipping the 4.2 update, the Galaxy S III is jumping right ahead to Android 4.3 “Jelly Bean” which brings some new features under-the-hood. Also, the latest version of Samsung’s proprietary TouchWiz is on board. That means you’ll get some Galaxy S4 and Note 3 features.
Here is the list of changes and improvements (by SamMobile):
– GALAXY GEAR Support
– TRIM Support (Makes the device much faster)
– ANT+ Support
– Core UI elements updated to the ones on the Galaxy S4 (Galaxy S4?s theme all over)
– New Samsung Keyboard
– GPU drivers have been updated (Higher GPU benchmark scores)
– New Lockscreen: Multiple Widgets, improved ripple effect than Android 4.1.2, ability to change clock size and set a personal message
– New Screen modes (From S4): Adapt Display and Professional Photo
– Driving mode
– Actionable notifications
– Move-to-SD-card feature
– New Camera mode : Sound and Shot
– New Additions in Notification Centre
– Completely revamped Settings UI (Tabbed interface – Exactly like the Galaxy S4)
– Implementation of Voice controls (Let’s you control various parts of the phone using voice commands – Galaxy S4 feature)
– New Samsung Apps: Calculator, Clock, Contacts, Gallery, Music
– Full screen Samsung apps
– New S-Voice (from Galaxy S4)
The update is currently rolling out first in Ireland. Other regions of course will follow including the Philippines. Keep in mind that the update is for the international Galaxy S III (GT-I9300).