End of week round-up
Been a little busy with so many other things since I came back from vacation which made posting on this blog a little slower than usual. However, stories still abound:
- China already has 400 Million mobile phone subscribers sending 33,800 Million text messages per month.
- Google lost a case against an adult site (Perfect 10) for creating and displaying thumbnail copies of its photographs. Image search is in hot oil.
- Technorati plays favorites. Looks like a potential aggregator to me.
- myAyala cleaned up its dirty SEO tactic but there are still stuffed and hidden keywords in the Sureseats website.
- Portable hot spot, Cellular gateway or mobile router — get wifi anywhere you can plug them. Is this something like PLDT’s WeRoam?
- Google launches ala-Geocities 2.o with its Page Creator. Sign up is now limited on a per invitation basis due to high demand. Didn’t they learn anything from Analytics?
- Canon releases its latest digital SLR baby – the 8.2 megapixel EOS 30D. Price starts at $1,400.
- Jason Kottke reveals that he got $39,900 last year from contributions/donations. And no, he’s not sick or anything — 1,450 people just love him so much they gave him that much.
- AnP is hitting 4-figures (read: $,$$$/month) with Problogging. JAngelo will be closing in on the same four figures anytime soon.
- Migs has his own personalized page at Megite consisting of 719 Filipino blogs he took off of Pinoy Top Blogs.
- And here’s a nice tute on Fixing Windows Genuine Advantage on Firefox.
Here’s a short note from a SitePoint newsletter: According to ContentBiz, one of MarketingSherpa’s publications, Google paid out $1 billion to Adsense publishers last year.