How to disable Auto-Play Videos on Facebook
Annoyed with the Auto-Play Video feature on your Facebook feed? If yes, then here’s how you can turn it off.
Facebook rolled out the Auto-Play Video feature both on the web and its mobile app so you can quickly watch videos while browsing your feed. It’s cool, however, if you’re sensitive on how you’re using your bandwidth or just don’t like it then you might want to turn this feature off.
For the web version:
1. Click on the inverted triangle on the top right of Facebook.
2. Click on Settings
3. Click on Videos (down at the bottom left side)
4. Click on the drop down menu for “Auto-Play Videos” and set it to Off.
From here you can also change the Video Default Quality and choose between SD or HD.
For the mobile app:
1. Tap on More. (Found at the bottom right for iOS, or top right for Android.)
2. On iOS: Scroll down to Settings then Account Settings. On Android: Scroll down to App Settings.
3. On iOS: Tap on “Videos and Photos”. On Android: Tap on “Videos Play Automatically”
3. Turn off auto-play videos.
And there you have it. If you more questions, feel free to ask in the comments field below.