Report says Apple to launch a 4-inch iPhone in March
A report from 9to5Mac states that Apple is on its way to launching a new 4-inch iPhone that will be an update to its iPhone 5S that was released back in 2013.
Being a revamped 5S, the new 4-inch iPhone will have the same curved edge design but with improved internals. It’s also likely to be called the iPhone “5se”, with the se standing for Special Edition. Check out the provided list on some of the features of the 5se:
- The chamfered, shiny edges have been replaced with curved glass like on the iPhone 6 and 6s lines
- The same 8 megapixel rear camera and 1.2 megapixel front camera systems from the iPhone 6
- Support for larger panoramas and autofocus for video recording
- Barometer for tracking elevation in the Health app
- An NFC chip for Apple Pay
- The A8 and M8 chips from the iPhone 6
- Bluetooth 4.2, VoLTE, and 802.11ac WiFi chips from the iPhone 6s
- Live Photos from the iPhone 6s
- Same Silver, Space Gray, Gold, & Rose Gold color options as the 6s line
It’s important to note that the 5se will not have the pressure-sensitive 3D Touch like the one on the 6S, and this new model will replace the 5s like what the company did to its iPhone 5 and 5c. The new iPhone is reported to be currently in production and will be introduced in March this year.