Cute, small and cheap laptops are in so every manufacturer wants to jump into the bandwagon. Here’s a collection of tech news links and Makati’s version of San Francisco’s free wifi city.
- Eric Salas has a blog project — it’s a literary blog called The Blog Awards Challenge. Check it out at www.theblogawardchallenge.com, a blog competition combining literary skills, interactivity and peer polling!
- Intel Philippines will launch the Neo Explore this Friday. It’s the retail version of Intel’s renowned Classmate PC. Yes, another Asus Eee PC competitor.
- There’s an upcoming 3-day New Media Conference on April 10 – 12, 2008. Visit www.theedgeradio.net or email [email protected] or call 339.0140 for reservations and inquiries. PTB Contributor Arnold Gamboa will talk about podcasting.
- Jomar and author Bo Sanchez are organizing an Internet Marketing Workshop on March 28 and 29, 2008 (that’s this week-end). You can email [email protected] for details.
- Our readers here from Accenture will be proud to know that they’ve won Philippines ‘BPO Employer of the Year‘ Award at International ICT Awards. Total worldwide head count to date is 15,000. I wonder how many of them are Filipinos.
- There’s also the Nokia N82 Wireless Adventure 2 launch party this April 8. The Wireless Adventure is akin to the amazing race and is held all around South East Asia by Nokia. Saw the line-up of contest participants last week and I think regular people like us would have a hard time getting into that list (half of them are celebs!).
Of course, do check out the latest about the blog awards and the iBlog Summit on April 26.
Ah, also check out my recent entry at Pinoy Tech Blog about this new ad-supported WiFi service that’s sprouting all over Makati. It’s called WiGO (Wifi on the GO?) and users get unlimited internet connection by downloading and install an ad toolbar. Take that San Francisco (okay, we’re not close to that yet).