This pandemic situation has really changed the way we pay our bills. Most of us indeed have found the convenience of managing and paying our bills in the comfort of our homes through various online platforms. One option for paying your bills is via BPI Online, so read on to learn how to enroll and pay your Meralco bill via the said online banking platform.
How to enroll your Meralco bill via BPI Online
1. Log in to BPI Online (online.bpi.com.ph) via browser (whether on desktop or browser), and go to “Other Services.”
2. Select “Manage Recipients.”
3. Click on “Add recipient.”
4. Select Biller as the type of recipient.
5. Select ‘Manila Electric Company.’
6. On the ‘Reference Number,’ input your 10-digit Meralco Customer Account Number (CAN).
7. Confirm the details of your enrollment. Then, click on “Confirm.”
8. Enter the One-Time PIN (OTP), then select “Submit.”
Do note that you do not need to put your Meralco ATM/Phone reference number, and you’ll only need your 10-digit account number as the reference number. Your 10-digit Meralco Customer Account Number (CAN) can be found at the top and bottom part of your bill.
Paying through BPI online banking or mobile banking app is free of charge. Payments are deducted from the customers’ accounts immediately. The payment will be forwarded to the merchant’s account one banking day after the transaction. Depending on the merchant’s updating policy, the payment will be reflected on the merchant’s record within 1-3 banking days from the transaction date.
According to BPI, customers may also pay the exact amount or in excess of the amount indicated in the account statement.
How to pay your Meralco bill via BPI Online
1. Log in to BPI Online (online.bpi.com.ph) or BPI Mobile app, and go to “Payments/Load.”
2. Select “Pay Bills.”
3. Fill in the details and select your enrolled Meralco bill. Add Frequency (Whether One Time, Monthly, or Quarterly) and Payment date.
4. Click “Next.”
5. Pay the exact amount stated on your bill before the due date.
6. Check the details of your payment. Then, click on “Confirm.”
7. Enter the One-Time PIN (OTP), then select “Submit.”
Should you have transaction concerns regarding the online payment of Meralco bills, you may contact BPI through the following channels:
• Philippines (02) 889 10000
• Domestic Toll-Free 1 800 188 89100 (where available)
• [email protected]
Otherwise, as an alternative, you can also pay your bills online using these apps.
There you have it! If you have other tips on conveniently paying your electricity and other bills online, share them with us by commenting below.
When I enrolled my Meralco account as additional biller to my BPI online, the CAN becomes 11 digits, with 0 as leading number. Is it natural?
I mean *normal?