Android Oreo now available for OnePlus 5T in Open Beta
OnePlus 5T, the latest 2017 flagship from the Chinese smartphone firm, just one day before the New Year’s eve, received its first Android 8.0 Oreo based Open Beta build.
Like previous Open Beta builds from OnePlus, the Oreo-based build for the OnePlus 5T needs to be flashed onto the smartphone, requiring users to back up their devices as all data will be lost in the process. Users can follow the official OnePlus flashing guide for instructions in their community forum. To recall, OnePlus 5 received the official Oxygen OS 5.0 based on Android 8.0 last week.
Here’s the changelog of the Open Beta build.
- Updated to Android O (8.0)
- Optimized the app shortcut style
- Combine icon options with app shortcuts
- Now able to upload photos to Shot on OnePlus
- Added Picture in Picture
- Added Auto-Fill
- Added Smart Text Selection
- New Quick Settings design
- Updated Android security patch to December