Honor Magic 2 announced with six cameras, slider design
Huawei’s Honor brand has just launched in China its new Magic 2 flagship.
Teased publicly since IFA in Berlin last August, Huawei’s sub-brand reveals its new bezel-less device to bear six cameras: three at the back with a ultra wide-angle main lens, an additional smaller lens for depth of field, and another for monochrome shots, as well as three at the front consisting of the main lens, and two other modules for bokeh and 3D depth.
It features a slide mechanism that’s similar to the also recently-launched Xiaomi Mi Mix 3, as well as an in-display fingerprint scanner seen with the Huawei Mate 20 Pro. Honor also adds in its own AI assistant called Yoyo that touts to be “all-in-one smart-living enabler possessed with mind-reading and machine learning capabilities.” Honor also touts that its 40W fast charging for the Magic 2, aptly called Magic Charge, can fill the device with 50% of its battery capacity in just 15 minutes and reach 85% in just half an hour.
Similar to the Mi Mix 3, this new Honor phone does not sport a 3.5mm audio jack and would require a USB Type-C to 3.5mm dongle for wired audio experiences.
Honor Magic 2 specs:
- 6.39-inch 19.5:9 Full HD+ AMOLED display @ 1080 x 2340 pixels, 403ppi
DCI-P3 Color Gamut, 91.5% screen-to-body ratio
- 2.6GHz Octa-Core HiSilicon Kirin 980
2 x 2.6 GHz Cortex-A76, 2 x 1.92 GHz Cortex-A7, 4 x 1.8 GHz Cortex-A55
- Mali-G76 MP10 GPU
- 6GB, 8GB LPDDR4X RAM
- 128GB, 256GB internal storage
- expandable via microSD up to 256GB (uses SIM2)
- 16MP, f/1.8 PDAF + 16MP f/2.2 + 24MP B/W f/1.8 rear cameras with Dual LED Flash
- 16MP f/2.0 + 2 x 2MP f/2.4 depth sensor front cameras
- 4G LTE, VoLTE
- Single SIM or Dual SIM (hybrid, nano)
- Dual-band WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac (2.4G+5G)
- Bluetooth 5.0
- Dual-band GPS, A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS, GALILEO, QZSS
- In-display fingerprint scanner
- USB OTG
- USB Type-C 2.0
- IPX2 Dust/Water resistance
- Magic UI 2.0 (based on elements from EMUI 9.0; Android 9.0 Pie)
- 3,500mAh Li-Po battery with 40W (4A) Honor Magic Charge
- 157.3 x 75.1 x 8.3 mm
- 206 g
- Colors: Gradient Red, Gradient Blue, Gradient Black
The Honor Magic 2 comes in three different variants and is now available for pre-orders in China with these price tags: CNY3,799 (~Php29,100) for 6GB RAM and 128 GB internal storage, CNY4,299 (~Php33,000) for 8GB RAM and 128 GB internal storage; and CNY4,799 for 8GB RAM and 256 GB internal storage. Orders will start shipping November 6, according to Honor.