Apple today released iOS 11.2.5, the tenth official update to the iOS 11 operating system. The software update highlights the addition for HomePod support.
The iOS 11.2.5 update introduces support for the HomePod, which will be released on February 9, and brings fixes for bugs in CarPlay, Messages, and Mail. The update also includes audio-based podcast news delivered by Siri. Here is the full release notes:
- Setup and automatically transfer your Apple ID, Apple Music, Siri and Wi-Fi settings to HomePod.
- Siri can now read the news, just ask, “Hey Siri, play the news”. You can also ask for specific news categories including Sports, Business or Music.
Other improvements and fixes
- Addresses an issue that could cause the Phone app to display incomplete information in the call list
- Fixes an issue that caused Mail notifications from some Exchange accounts to disappear from the Lock screen when unlocking iPhone X with Face ID
- Addresses an issue that could cause Messages conversations to temporarily be listed out of order
- Fixes an issue in CarPlay where Now Playing controls become unresponsive after multiple track changes
- Adds ability for VoiceOver to announce playback destinations and AirPod battery level
The iOS 11.2.5 update can be downloaded over-the-air in the Settings app. To access the update, go to Settings -> General -> Software Update.