Samsung Galaxy A6 vs A6+ specs comparison
The Samsung Galaxy A6 and A6+ were recently launched in the country and both of them competes in the mid-range smartphone category. Let’s take a look at their specs and discuss their differences. Let’s start!
Here are their detailed specs:
|Specification||Samsung Galaxy A6||Samsung Galaxy A6+|
|Display||5.6-inch HD+ (720 x 1440) 18.5:9 Super AMOLED display||6-inch FHD+ (1080 x 2220) 18.5:9 Super AMOLED display|
|CPU||Samsung Exynos 7870 1.6GHz octa-core CPU||Qualcomm Snapdragon 450 1.8GHz octa-core CPU|
|RAM||3GB RAM||4GB RAM|
|ROM||32GB storage||32GB storage|
|Storage||microSD up to 256GB||microSD up to 256GB|
|Rear Camera||16MP AF F1.7 rear camera w/ LED flash||16MP AF F1.7 + 5MP FF F1.9 rear cameras w/ LED flash|
|Front Camera||16MP FF F1.9 front camera||24MP FF F1.9 front camera|
|Connectivity||4G LTE Cat.6, 2CA||4G LTE Cat.6, 2CA|
|SIM||Dual SIM (nano)||Dual SIM (nano)|
|Wi-Fi||Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n (2.4/5GHz)||Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n (2.4/5GHz)|
|Bluetooth||Bluetooth 4.2 LE, ANT+||Bluetooth 4.2 LE, ANT+|
|GPS||GPS, Glonass, BeiDou||GPS, Glonass, BeiDou|
|Sensor||Fingerprint scanner||Fingerprint scanner|
|Security||Face Recognition||Face Recognition|
|Audio||Speakers w/ Dolby Atmos||Speakers w/ Dolby Atmos|
|OS||Android 8.0 Oreo||Android 8.0 Oreo|
|Battery||3,000mAh battery||3,500mAh battery|
|Dimension||149.9 x 70.8 x 7.7 mm||160.2 x 75.7 x 7.9 mm|
|Color||Black, Gold, Blue||Black, Gold, Blue|
So here are their differences:
- Display – The A6 only has a 5.6-inch HD+ display while the A6+ has a 6-inch FHD+ one. While both of them have an 18.5:9 aspect ratio, it is clear which one has better viewing experience.
- Performance – This part really intrigues us. The A6 has the Exynos 7870 processor while the A6+ has the Qualcomm Snapdragon 450. In our previous data, the former’s processor yields an Antutu score of 47,451 (see Samsung Galaxy J7 Pro vs OPPO F3 comparison review) while the latter scored 54,912 (see Vivo V7 review). From this, we can easily deduce which one has better performance overall. In my opinion, Samsung could’ve gone with the Helio P20 processor easily just like what they did with the Samsung Galaxy J7+ to have a better performing device. It’s possible that they went for a more optimized chipset to have a more balanced temperature in the A6+.
- Memory – The A6 has a 3GB RAM paired with a 32GB internal storage while the A6+ has 4GB RAM and 32GB internal storage. It’s pretty obvious which has an advantage in this aspect.
- Camera – The A6 sports a 16MP front and rear cameras while the A6+ has a 16MP + 5MP rear duo and a 24MP front which will provide a significant difference in images produced.
- Battery – The A6 has a 3,000mAh battery while the A6+ has 3,500mAh. Their battery life should, theoretically, be close to one another despite the difference in capacity. This is because of the other factors that will come into play such as their display and processor. In any case, we’ve yet to test their battery life, so this is all base on paper.
Overall, the ones that we stated above are their main differences, apart from the physical ones like the height, width, and thickness. The Samsung Galaxy A6 is priced at Php16,400 (3GB + 32GB) while the A6+ is priced at Php22,990 (4GB + 32GB). Both will be available on June 9, 2018, in all authorized stores nationwide.
What do you guys think? Let us know your thoughts in the comments section below.