Samsung Galaxy A8s officially announced
Samsung has just announced a new device called the Galaxy A8s in China.
The new phone sports the company’s first all-screen design with a hole for its front camera. Called the Infinity-O display, the design aims to produce a better screen-to-body ratio while enabling to hide the sensor components under the display.
The A8s also features a triple rear camera setup akin to the Galaxy A7, a Qualcomm Snapdragon chip, and options for 6GB or 8GB of RAM.
Samsung Galaxy A8s specs:
- 6.4-inch IPS LCD Infinity-O display @
1080 x 2340 px, 403ppi, 18.5:9 ratio
- 2.2GHz Octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 710
- Adreno 616 GPU
- 6GB or 8GB RAM
- 128GB internal storage
- expandable via microSD up to 512GB
- 24 MP f/1.7 PDAF + 10 MP AF + 5 MP, f/2.2 triple rear cameras with LED Flash
- 24MP f/2.0 front camera
- Single SIM, Dual SIM (nano)
- 4G VoLTE
- WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band
- Bluetooth 5.0
- GPS, A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS
- Fingerprint scanner
- FM Radio
- USB Type-C 1.0
- Samsung ONE UI (Android 9 Pie)
- 3400mAh battery
- 158.4 x 74.9 x 7.4 mm
- Colors: Gray, Blue, Black/Green
The Samsung Galaxy A8s is now on pre-order in China with official sale date pointing to December 21st. Pricing has not been announced as of this writing.
Source: Samsung CN