Sony Xperia 1 with 4K OLED display launched at MWC 2019
Sony has launched its newest flagship smartphone that comes with a new naming scheme, the Xperia 1, at the Mobile World Congress (MWC) 2019.
The Xperia 1 is the first smartphone of Sony that features a 21:9 CinemaWide 4K OLED display which results in an unusually tall size. It features a Snapdragon 855 chipset, 6GB of RAM, 64GB/128GB of storage, 12MP + 12MP + 12MP triple rear cameras, 8MP front camera, and 3,330mAh battery with Xperia Adaptive Charging.
This kind of display setup makes way to better and more convenient multi-tasking capabilities while its cameras setup features a main f/1.6 aperture, eye Auto-Focus, continuous shooting up to 10FPS, 4K HDR video recording, and many more.
Sony Xperia 1 specs:
- 6.5-inch 21:9 4K HDR OLED display @ 3840 x 1644px, BT .2020
- Corning Gorilla Glass 6
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 855 octa-core processor
- Adreno 640 GPU
- 6GB RAM
- 64GB/128GB storage
- expandable up to 512GB (microSDXC)
- Single/Dual-SIM (nano)
- 12MP f/1.6 78-degree angle + 12MP f/2.4 135-degree wide-angle + 12MP f/2.4 triple rear camera (21:9 movie recording, 2x optical zoom, 5x digital zoom, HDR, 4K HDR movie recording, 960 fps super slow-mo video, Hybrid OIS/EIS stabilization)
- 8MP f/2.0 84-degree wide-angle front camera (HDR, SteadyShot)
- GPS, A-GPS, GLONASS, A-GNSS
- Bluetooth 5.0
- Wi-Fi 802.11a/b/g/n/ac (2.4GHz/5GHz) 4×4 MIMO
- 4G LTE Cat.19/Cat.13
- USB 3.1 Type-C
- Dolby Atmos Stereo Speaker
- DSEE HX, Qualcomm aptX HD audio, LDAC
- PS4 Remote Play
- IP65/68 water and dust resistance
- Android 9 Pie
- 3,330mAh battery with Xperia Adaptive Charging, USB Power Delivery
- Black, Purple, White, Grey
- 167 x 72 x 8.2mm
The Sony Xperia 1 is yet to be priced but it is expected to land on Q2 2019.