11th Gen Intel Core H-series (Tiger Lake-H) mobile processors now official
The newest 11th Generation Intel Core H-series mobile processors dubbed as “Tiger Lake-H” has been globally launched, led by the flagship Intel Core i9-11980HK.
The new 11th Gen Intel Core H-series processors, based on 10 nanometer SuperFin process technology, feature up to 8 cores and 16 threads, with single and dual-core turbo performance up to 5.0GHz, according to Intel. Additionally, the CPU can directly access the GDDR6 memory attached to the graphics card, enabling higher framerates with lower latency and the ability to load large textures faster.
As per Intel, the mobile processer offers 2.5 times the total PCIe bandwidth to the CPU compared with the 10th Gen H-series processors and three times the total PCIe bandwidth compared with other industry processors.
With 20 lanes of PCIe Gen 4, the processor offers 4k HDR/Dolby Vision video streaming, configuration with fast storage, hybrid Intel Optane, 6Ghz Intel Killer Wi-Fi 6E (Gig+) support, and Thunderbolt 4.
Additional features also include the following:
• 20 PCIe Gen 4.0 lanes with Intel Rapid Storage Technology bootable in Raid 0—and up to 44 total PCIe lanes that include 24 PCIe Gen 3.0 lanes from a dedicated platform controller hub
• Memory support of up to DDR4-3200
• Dual Embedded Display Port integrated for optimized companion display.
Intel’s launch also includes its new Intel vPro H-series processor, led by Core i9-11950H and Intel Xeon W-11000 series mobile processors. Built on the 11th Gen Intel vPro platform, the business-class PC platform delivers hardware-based security, performance, and powerful computing experience for engineers, data scientists, content creators, and financial analysts.
When combining the Gen Intel Core vPro H-series and the Xeon W-11000 series mobile processors, it offers the following:
• Xeon + Error Correcting Code (ECC) memory
• Intel Hardware Shield—available exclusively on the Intel vPro platform.
• Intel Total Memory Encryption
• Intel Active Management Technology
• Intel Deep Learning Boost
Moreover, Intel’s 11th Gen Intel Core Mobile H-series and Intel Xeon W-11000 series processors will power more than 80 enthusiast laptop designs across consumer, commercial, and workstation segments this year.
Stick around for more updates on this!