AMD Radeon RX 6000M Series now official
AMD has just announced the Radeon RX 6000M Series mobile GPUs based on RDNA 2 gaming architecture. The lineup consists of three chips: the RX 6800M, the RX 6700M, and the RX 6600M.
According to AMD, the latest lineup delivers up to 1.5X higher performance or up to 43% lower power at the same performance level compared to AMD RDNA architecture. In addition, these mobile graphics also bring advanced technologies such as AMD Infinity Cache and DirectX Raytracing (DXR) to next-gen laptops.
Meanwhile, AMD claims that the flagship 6800M delivers the fastest AMD Radeon GPU for laptops yet. The AMD Radeon RX 6800M GPU offers 1440p/120 FPS performance, the RX 6700M GPU offers 1440p/100FPS, while the RX 6600M GPU is designed to deliver 1080p/100FPS gaming.
The AMD Radeon RX 6000M Series mobile graphics also bring various features such as follows:
• AMD Infinity Cache – Up to 96MB of last-level data cache integrated on the GPU die reduces latency and power consumption to deliver higher gaming performance than traditional architectural designs.
• AMD Smart Access Memory – Unlocks higher performance for select AMD-powered laptops by providing AMD Ryzen processors with access to the entire AMD Radeon GDDR6 graphics memory.
• AMD SmartShift Technology – Dynamically shifts laptop power between AMD Ryzen Mobile Processors and AMD Radeon Graphics, providing an additional increase in gaming performance.
• AMD Radeon Chill – Power-saving feature that helps save battery by regulating frame rates based on in-game movements.
• AMD FidelityFX – Supported by over 45 titles, AMD FidelityFX is an open-source toolkit of visual enhancement effects for game developers available through AMD GPUOpen. It includes a robust collection of rasterized lighting, shadow, and reflection effects, as well as the new AMD FidelityFX Super Resolution technology.
The company also introduced the AMD Advantage Design Framework, which is identified as the result of a multi-year collaboration between AMD and its global PC partners. Together with the AMD Radeon RX 6000M Series Mobile Graphics, AMD Radeon Software, and AMD Ryzen 5000 Series Mobile Processors with exclusive AMD smart technologies and other advanced system design characteristics, AMD Advantage systems are designed to deliver best-in-class gaming experiences, according to AMD.
AMD reveals that several AMD Advantage gaming laptops are expected to be available in 2021.
The ROG Strix G15/17 AMD Advantage Edition gaming laptops, featuring AMD Radeon RX 6800M GPUs, AMD Ryzen 5900HX Mobile Processors, and AMD smart technologies, are expected to be available starting in early June at Best Buy and other leading retailers. On the other hand, the OMEN 16 laptop, featuring AMD Radeon RX 6600M GPUs, AMD Ryzen 9 5900HX Mobile Processors, and AMD smart technologies, are expected to be available soon at JD.com. In addition, AMD Advantage laptops from Lenovo and MSI are expected to be available later this 2021.