ASUS ROG Mothership (G2700) gaming laptop unveiled at CES 2019
At CES 2019, the ASUS Republic of Gamers brings gaming laptops to a new level by unveiling the Mothership (G2700) gaming laptop.
The ASUS ROG Mothership, by far, has the most intriguing design in the history of the company’s gaming laptops. It has a 17.3-inch display with thick top and bottom bezels with an addition of the front-facing speakers.
At first, the laptop will look like a regular Zephyrus laptop, however, its keyboard can be detached from the screen which can be used wirelessly. The screen also comes with a back stand which increases airflow.
Powering the ASUS ROG Mothership is an Intel Core i9-8950HK processor, a new NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 (8GB GDDR6) graphics, a 3x M.2 NVMe PCIe 3.0 x4 512GB SSD storage, a Wi-Fi 802.11ac/ax 2×2 Gigabit wireless connection, and a 4x4W front-facing speakers with Smart AMP technology.
ASUS ROG Mothership G2700 specs:
- 17.3” IPS-level FHD display @ 1920 x 1080px, 144Hz, 3ms, 100% sRGB
- Intel Core i9-8950HK
- NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 (8GB GDDR6 VRAM)
- DDR4 2666MHz SDRAM (Dual channel)
- Up to 64GB memory
- 3 x M.2 NVMe PCIe 3.0 x4 512GB SSD
- Windows 10 Home/Pro
- FHD Webcam
- Wi-Fi 802.11ax 2×2 Gigabit
- Wi-Fi 802.11ac 2×2 Gigabit
- Bluetooth 5.0
- 1x 3.5mm audio port
- 1x 3.5mm microphone port
- 1x USB 3.1 Gen 2 Type-C / Thunderbolt 3
- 1x USB 3.1 Gen 2 Type-C / virtual link
- 3x USB 3.1 Gen2 (Type-A)
- 1x USB 3.1 Gen1 (Type-A) / USB charger
- 1x HDMI 2.0
- 1x RJ-45 port
- 1x SD card reader
- 1x Kensington lock
- 4x4W front-facing speakers w/ Smart AMP technology
- ESS Sabre DAC
- Detachable backlit chiclet keyboard
- N-key rollover
- Aura Sync
- VR Ready
- 2x 280W Power Adaptor
- 100-240V AC, 50/60Hz input
- 410 (W) x 320 (D) x 29.9 (H) mm
- 4.7 KG (Estimated)
The ASUS ROG Mothership gaming laptop will be available in Q2 2019. Its pricing and configurations are yet to be announced.