Doogee unveils the S70, a rugged gaming smartphone
Doogee wants in on the gaming smartphone fun as they launch their very own gaming machine dubbed the S70. Their selling point though isn’t just it’s gaming gimmicks but also its rugged construction.
The Doogee S70 is built around a rugged IP68, MIL-STD-810G body with an aggressive design. As for those gaming gimmicks, the brand created a gamepad exclusively dedicated to the device and a thin rear metal sheet for extra cooling. They’ve also included a dedicated button on the side to prioritize resources purely on gaming. With the added benefit of canceling out notifications and such.
Powering the device is a 5.99-inch FHD+ IPS 18:9 display, MediaTek Helio P23 processor, Mali G71-MP2 GPU, 6GB of RAM, 64GB of internal storage, and a whopping 5,500mAh battery. For cameras, we have a dual 12MP+5MP Sony IMX363 rear combo and a 16MP front.
Doogee S70 specifications
- 5.99-inch FHD+ 18:9 IPS display @ 2160 x 1080, Corning Gorilla Glass 4, Glove friendly
- MediaTek Helio P23 2.5GHz octa-core processor
- Mali G71-MP2 GPU
- 6GB RAM
- 64GB Internal storage, expandable up to 128GB via microSD
- 12MP + 5MP Sony IMX363 rear cameras with Dual PDAF, LED flash
- 16MP f/2.0 80-degree wide-angle front camera
- Dual SIM (Nano)
- 4G LTE
- Fingerprint scanner
- Game mode (via dedicated side button)
- 5,500mAh battery, wireless charging, 24W flash charger
The Doogee S70 will be kickstarted on IndieGoGo. Pricing and availability are yet to be announced.