Garmin outs Vivoactive 3 and Vivomove HR smartwatches
Garmin has recently announced two new smartwatches for people with active lifestyles – the Vivoactive 3 and Vivomove HR.
The Vivoactive 3 is not just your typical smartwatch as it features Garmin Pay, a contactless payment solution that lets users make secure payments from the watch, no phone or wallet required. It has GPS, Garmin Elevate wrist heart rate monitor, Gorilla Glass 3, and stainless steel bezel.
Garming Vivoactive 3 features:
• Garmin Pay contactless payment solution lets you pay for purchases with your watch.
• Personalize your watch with thousands of free watch faces, apps and widgets from our Connect IQ store
• More than 15 preloaded GPS and indoor sports apps, including yoga, running, swimming and more
• Monitor your fitness level with VO2 max and fitness age estimates, plus keep an eye on how you handle stress
• Get connected features such as smart notifications, automatic uploads to Garmin Connect, LiveTrack and more
• Battery life: up to 7 days in smartwatch mode; 13 hours in GPS mode
Next is the Vivomove HR, a hybrid smartwatch that sports a more stylish look. It features activity tracking, Garmin Elevate wrist-based heart rate, smart notifications and a touchscreen display. All of that is housed in a stainless steel bezel mounted with chemically strengthened glass.
Garmin Vivomove HR features:
• 24/7 heart rate monitoring with Elevate wrist heart rate technology
• Wellness monitoring tools, such as all-day stress tracking and a relaxation timer, help you manage stress
• Includes fitness monitoring tools such as VO2 max and fitness age
• Displays steps, calories, distance, heart rate and intensity minutes
• Stay connected with smart features such as auto uploads, smart notifications, music controls and more
• Battery life: up to 5 days in smart mode; up to 2 weeks in watch mode
The Vivoactive 3 is priced at USD299.99 – USD329.99 while the Vivomove HR is at USD199.99 – USD 299.99.