Intel outs new 12th-gen Intel Core processors for Mobile, Desktop, IoT
Intel has announced its 12th-gen Intel Core family of mobile and desktop processors for gaming and creator-focused laptops, desktops, enterprise-ready systems, and IoT applications.
For the 12th-gen Intel Core H-series Mobile processors, it’s led by the Intel Core i9-12900HK, which Intel claims is the world’s best mobile gaming platform and the fastest mobile processor ever created. Based on the Intel 7 process, it uses Performance-cores (P-cores) and Efficient-cores (E-cores) with intelligent workload prioritization and management distribution through Intel Thread Director for improved system performance across single and multi-threaded applications.
12th-gen Intel Core family of mobile
12th Gen H-series processors features:
• Up to 5 GHz frequencies, 14 cores (6 P-cores and 8 E-cores) and 20 threads that give the 12th Gen Intel Core i9-12900HK the crown as the fastest mobile processor. It delivers performance leadership over Intel’s previous generation and the competition.
• The performance extends for unparalleled gaming experiences across top gaming titles and content creation tools. The new 12th Gen Intel Core H-series is the world’s best mobile gaming platform, delivering up to 28% faster gaming than the previous mobile gaming leader in the market: the Intel Core i9-11980HK. 12th Gen Intel Core H-series is more than up to the task for content creators. For example, users may see up to 43% higher performance in 3D rendering gen-over-gen.
• Broad memory support for DDR5/LPDDR5 and DDR4/LPDDR4 modules up to 4800 MT/s – a first in the industry for H-series mobile processors.
• Nearly three times faster connectivity4 on exclusive high-speed channels without legacy Wi-Fi interference. Using integrated Intel Wi-Fi 6E (Gig+)5 gives users the freedom to work and learn from home and relax with smooth, high-quality streaming.
• Thunderbolt 4 support that delivers transfer speeds up to 40Gbps and PC connectivity to multiple 4K monitors and accessories.
The 12th Gen Intel Core H-series mobile processors will be available in February 2022.
In addition to the H-series, the 12th Gen Intel Core mobile family also includes the new U- and P-series mobile processors with up to 14 cores and 20 threads and featuring Intel Iris Xe integrated graphics. These processors are for thin and light laptops, including foldables, and 2-in-1s.
New 12th Gen Intel Core desktop processors
Intel is also introducing 22 new desktop processors for the 12th Gen Intel Core desktop processor family and range from Intel Core i9 to Pentium and Celeron. These processors (65-watt and 35-watt) deliver scalable power for gaming, creation, and productivity. Intel also introduced new Intel Laminar Coolers that accompany the new 65-watt processors.
12th-gen Intel Core for IoT (code-named Alder Lake S-series and H-series)
Lastly, Intel launched 12th-gen Intel Core processors to accelerate Internet of Things (IoT) applications in retail, healthcare, manufacturing and video, including:
• High computing performance and flexibility for heavier IoT workloads.
• Accelerated AI and deep learning capabilities without additional hardware.
• Embedded use condition reliability.
• Enhanced integrated graphics processing units to support 4K and 8K displays.
• Hardware-based security to defend vulnerable IoT devices against attack.
• A strong ecosystem and open-source communities to support multiple operating systems, enabling IoT customers to choose suitable operating systems for their target applications.
These processors deliver benefits across a wide range of industries:
• Retail, banking, hospitality and education customers will be able to improve workload convergence, drive value from frictionless point-of-sale and kiosks to improve interactive display experiences.
• Industrial manufacturing customers can take better advantage of industrial PCs, edge servers, advanced controllers, machine vision systems, and virtualized control platforms.
• Healthcare customers will be able to deliver enhanced ultrasound imaging, medical carts, endoscopy and clinical devices at the edge.
• Digital safety and security customers will be able to drive more results from AI box analytics, network video recorders and video walls.
Intel’s 12th Gen Core processors already have more than 80 IoT customers participating in Intel’s Early Access Program. Alder Lake S-series is expected to be available in January 2022; Alder Lake H-series is expected to be available in April 2022.