Xiaomi Redmi 6 Pro now official
Like it’s tablet sibling, the Mi Pad 4, Xiaomi’s latest Redmi was also a victim of numerous leaks and rumors ahead of its launch. That stops today though as the brand officially unveils the Redmi 6 Pro, their first Redmi to sport a notch.
The device is powered by a 5.84-inch 19:9 aspect ratio FHD+ display, Qualcomm’s Snapdragon 625 chipset, 3 or 4GB of RAM, 32 or 64GB of internal storage, and a 4,000mAh battery.
For cameras, we have a dual 12MP + 5MP rear and a single 5MP front. Both are powered by Artificial Intelligence (AI) and the front has Face unlock. The Redmi 6 Pro has 3 variants — 3/32GB, 4/32GB, and 4/64GB.
Xiaomi Redmi 6 Pro specifications
- 5.84-inch 19:9 aspect ratio FHD+ display @ 2280 x 1080 resolution
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 625 2.0GHz Octa-core processor
- Adreno 506 GPU
- 3 or 4GB of RAM
- 32 or 64GB of Internal storage, expandable up to 256GB via microSD (dedicated)
- 12MP + 5MP f/2.2 aperture rear cameras with AI, PDAF focus, and LED flash
- 5MP front camera with AI and smart beauty
- Dual-SIM (Nano)
- 4G LTE
- WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n
- Bluetooth 4.2
- GPS, A-GPS, GLONASS, Beidou
- Face unlock
- Fingerprint scanner (rear-mounted)
- MIUI 9
- 4,000mAh battery
- Red, Cherry Blossom, Sand Gold, Black
The Redmi 6 Pro is priced at CNY 999 (~Php 8,195) for the base 3/32GB model while the 4/32GB and 4/64GB are priced at CNY 1,199 (~Php 9,836) and CNY 1,299 (~Php 10,656), respectively. Local pricing and availability are yet to be announced.