ASUS rolls out Android Nougat update for Zenfone 3
ASUS has begun rolling out the Android Nougat update for its 5.2-inch and 5.5-inch variants of the Zenfone 3. Included in the upgrade are optimized functions and improved performance.
The 7.0 Nougat is available for Zenfone 3 models ZE520KL and ZE552KL. Release date starts today, March 8, 2017, and we’ve seen reports of local units receiving the said update. The bundled includes the following changes:
- New bundled notifications switch
- Improved Touch performance
- Enabled FET VoLTE and VoWi-Fi
- Removed ‘Share Link’
- Removed redundant app shortcuts “Audio Wizard”, “Splendid”, “System update” and “Flashlight” from all apps menu
- Removed “Tap and hold to show menu” from, and add “Tap and hold to activate Multi-window” to Settings > ASUS customized settings > Recent apps key
- Quick Settings now supports multiple pages, you can swipe left to right to see more quick settings if using more than 12. User can enter or edit screen by tap the edit button on top right corner to determine which settings enabling or disabling
- Split “Ringtone & Notifications” volume bar into “Ringtone” and “Notification” volume bars on “Volume Panel” and “Sound & Vibration” Settings. So users can adjust “Ringtone” and “Notification” volume respectively
- Removed Shake Shake from ZenMotion
- Removed incompatible live wallpapers
The page also adds that for users who will upgrade from Android M to Android N and do Factory reset, the home workspace will be updated to the new layout.
If you still haven’t received the update notification, you may manually update your Zenfone 3 by going to Setting > About > System Update. Full instructions on downloading can be found on the company’s page.