How’s your umobile service?
Over the course of 4 months since umobile announced their free, ad-supported service, there hasn’t been much news/development going on. Question is — are people actively using their umobile numbers? How’s your umobile service so far?
I haven’t been using mine in months. I really wanted to use it as my new public number. I even had it printed on 300 of those expensive Moo cards, hoping the dust will settle on the inter-connectivity problems with Sun & Globe.
So I’d like to hear from those who received their umobile SIM what they think of the service so far?
- Are you actively using the number?
- How much free load are you getting and do you top it up yourself (via autoload or something)?
- Do you still have problems calling or sending SMS to other networks?
- How much ads have you received so far and are you okay with these SMS ads?
- How many people you know uses umobile too? How many people in your address book has the cell number prefix 0999?
Just curious on how this ad-supported mobile service is picking up so far. The concept revolves around targeted SMS advertising so it would be interesting to learn if people are buying into it.