Car AC Adaptor for Laptops
When I was preparing for my road trip to Vigan two months ago, I texted several people if there’s any adaptors for laptops to plug in the car. Since my laptop’s battery only lasts about 2 hours, I thought it would be wonderful to have a socket to plug it in while on the road and even charge it if while driving.
Been going to a lot of stores and car accessory shops for this thingamagig since then. T’was only last night that I finally found one.
This AC adaptor (also referred to as ring mininverter) plugs into the car lighter socket (doubles as a 12 volt DC power outlet) and outputs around 80watts at 220 volts. Regular laptops have around 60 to 90 watts. Mine’s at 60 watts (Look at the bottom part of your laptop — if wattage is not shown, just multiply the volt rating and amperage, e.g. 15V x 4A = 60 watts).
Here’s a list of commong gadget wattage:
1) Mobile phone charger (5-10 watts)
2) Camcorder charger (3-20 watts)
3) Video games console (39-100 watts)
4) Portable work light (8-60 watts)
5) Portable stereo system (10-40 watts)
6) Laptop computer (60-90 watts)
7) Palm top computer (56-70 watts)
8) Digital camera charger (3-19 watts)
The price — Php799.95.