One Start Page to Rule them All!
We’re seeing an avalance of Web 2.0 sites out there and besides the popularity of social bookmarking and news aggregator sites, a sizable number of them are vying for the title of the “Start Page of the Year”.
Lets take a quick peek:
- Start.com – Microsoft’s laid-back effort at Web 2.0
- Live.com – looking spiffy from a recent revamp but much better than Start.com (and why does MS have two of these?)
- Google Homepage – Google’s attempt to look like Yahoo back in 1995,wanting more pageviews perhaps just to get back at MySpace?
- Protopage – full-featured but too cluttered, a little ugly on the design and not very good on usability. Supports multiple pages though.
- My Yahoo! – reminds me a lot of Geocities
- Pageflakes – newest baby in town but more promising but always offline half the time.
- Netvibes – very neat and simple yet packs a lot of features; my bet for the Start Page of the Year.
Did I miss something? I know there’s more out there.