LinkedIn lists jobs on the rise in the Philippines for 2021
LinkedIn has released their Jobs on the Rise in 2021 report for Southeast Asia, giving us an insight on what jobs are on demand for this year as well as the skills needed to succeed in these roles.
The report provided insight on the effects of COVID-19 in the jobs landscape:
• The pandemic has accelerated the adoption of digital platforms in SEA as more consumers use digital platforms to fulfill their daily needs from the comforts of their home. As a result, LinkedIn expects that the demand for workers with tech skills will remain, from specialized engineers to cybersecurity talent and data analysts.
• Brands are also adapting and found new ways to connect with consumers digitally. This led to the growth in demand for digital marketers — professionals who seek to engage consumers effectively online, and digital content creators — those who are able to produce entertaining content across a range of channels.
• E-commerce, online media, and food delivery services surged during the pandemic, which leads to a rise in various sectors. It also fueled more demand in logistics for warehouse skilled talent.
• Traditional roles have evolved as a result of COVID-19. Jobs that were traditionally conducted in-person are now done online, which was seen in the growth in digital lending, education, and HealthTech services.
Jobs on the rise in the Philippines for 2021:
Digital content specialist
• Top titles: Editor, Copywriter, Podcaster, YouTuber, Video Editor
• Top skills: Public Speaking, Proofreading, Video Editing, Adobe Premiere Pro, Creative Writing
Digital marketing specialist
• Top titles: Social Media Manager, Digital Marketing Specialist, Social Media Marketing Specialist, Marketing Specialist, Marketing Analyst
• Top skills: Social Media Marketing, Copywriting, Google Analytics, Lead Generation, Digital Marketing
• Top titles: Online Specialist, E-commerce Coordinator
• Top skills: Online Marketing, Shopify, E-commerce, Search Engine Optimization (SEO) Amazon Seller Central
Business development and sales
• Top titles: Sales Specialist, Account Manager, Account Executive, Business Development Specialist
• Top skills: Negotiation, Account Management, Business Development, Business Planning, Lead Generation
• Top titles: Customer Service Executive, Customer Experience Manager, Customer Support Specialist, Contact Centre Specialist, Customer Service Team Lead
• Top skills: Contact Centers, Customer Service, Customer Experience, Customer Support, Team Leadership, Technical Support
• Top titles: Distributor, Logistics Supervisor, Operational Specialist, Logistics Manager, Head Of Supply Chain Management
• Top skills: Operations Management, Supply Chain Management, Warehouse Operations, Logistics Management, Inventory Management
Healthcare and medical support
• Top titles: Medical Technologist, Pharmacy Assistant, Healthcare Assistant, Medical Officer, Medical Specialist
• Top skills: Healthcare, Medical Assisting, Pharmaceutics, Medical Education, Clinical Research
• Top titles: English Second Language Teacher, Chinese Teacher, Academic Tutor, Information Technology Teacher, Mathematics Tutor
• Top skills: Educational Leadership, Curriculum Development, Language Teaching, English as a Second Language (ESL), Tutoring
Finance and insurance
• Top titles: Financial Advisor, Accountant, Financial Planner, Finance Specialist, Insurance Agent
• Top skills: Financial Planning, Insurance, Risk Management, Financial Analysis, Accounting
Click here for LinkedIn’s full report.