Was that not a hell week or what?
As of this morning, our little area here in Bangkal, Makati got power and phone lines back up. This was after dozens of trees have been cleared as well as a couple of really huge (as in tonnes!) of billboard steel frames crashing into electric posts and houses (including a bus in EDSA).
Lots of lessons learned here…
- I can bear living without electricity but a day without water, even just for taking a bath, is almost unbearable.
- It’s more comfortable to sleep in the car with the aircon, than sleep in a comfortable bed without one.
- Scented candles aren’t just for decorations.
- Even in times like these, people can still be very entrepreneurial — my brother was charging Php20 for people to charge their cellphones in the car and he made a few hundreds bucks out of it. Gas money!
- Don’t stock too much food in the ref — we had to cook everything on the second day. Adobo was the popular meal because it lasts several days without getting spoiled.
- It pays to have wifi accounts — thanks to my blog sponsors, AirborneAccess and Globe WiZ, I was able to get online for a couple of hours a day. And I thought Smart GPRS would have gotten its week of fame — naaahhh.
My car was practically my office the past couple of days and I couldn’t even get myself to post a snapshot of it here. *hehehe*