The Mobile Number Portability (MNP) is now commercially available in the Philippines. We already discussed the porting requirements for Globe and Smart, now it’s time to take a look at the MNP requirements for DITO Telecommunity.
Table of Contents
A quick refresher on MNP
Mobile Number Portability or MNP is a global practice that allows mobile phone customers to keep their number even when they switch networks or change subscriptions from postpaid to prepaid and vice versa. In the Philippines, it’s in accordance with Republic Act No. 11202, or the Mobile Number Portability Act. Number porting is a free service.
With DITO’s MNP, you can choose to do number porting in 2 ways: internal and external. Internal porting means going from a prepaid DITO plan to a postpaid DITO plan. External porting means shifting from your mother network to an outside network or vice versa. Please note that you will be able to keep your current mobile number even when you switch networks.
DITO MNP Eligibility
Before you switch to the DITO network, you must meet the following qualifications:
• Your mobile number must be active
• You must not have any outstanding financial obligation with your Mobile Service Provider
• Your mobile number is not locked to any Mobile Service Provider
• •Your mobile number must not be part of any product or service bundle
• You have no other porting request in the last 60 days
• Your mobile number is not prohibited from porting by a court of law or the NTC
• You have not been blacklisted by a Mobile Service Provider due to previous fraudulent activities
• You must have a DITO-compatible phone (See complete list)
• You must be within the DITO-coverage areas (See complete list)
DITO MNP Requirements
If you’re eligible, here are the requirements you need to apply for MNP with DITO:
• Government-issued ID
• Your Unique Subscriber Code (the 9-digit code that will be issued by your current network provider to start the porting process).
• Proof of ownership of your mobile number
How to apply for DITO MNP:
- Visit any DITO Experience Stores or download the DITO App.
- Sign up for MNP from your current network provider and submit the required documents to receive your Unique Subscriber Code.
- Wait for the process to be completed.
Other things to remember:
• MNP allows you to switch network providers and subscription plans from postpaid to prepaid and vice versa.
• Network switching via MNP is free.
• DITO will provide you with a new SIM card to replace your current SIM. DITO will then activate your existing mobile number including mobile registration codes specific to DITO Network.
And that’s it. Are you taking advantage of MNP? Let us know your thoughts in the comments below.