Meizu MX4 Pro receives Lollipop update, gets higher benchmark score
Those waiting for the Lollipop update of the monster-phone Meizu MX4 Pro can now get it over-the-air. Users will enjoy a slew of improvements in terms of usage as well as a significant boost in its benchmark performance.
As a quick refresher, below is Meizu MX4 Pro‘s specs:
5.5-inch Sharp IPS Display, 2560 x 1536, 542ppi
Corning Gorilla Glass 3
Samsung Exynos 5430 chipset (Quad-core 2.0GHz Cortex-A15 + Quad-core 1.5GHz Cortex-A7)
3GB of RAM
16GB, 32GB, 64GB internal storage; non-expandable
20.7-megapixel rear camera with Sony IMX220 Exmor RS sensor and dual LED flash
5-megapixel front camera
NFC, Wi-Fi 802.11 ac, Bluetooth 4.0, GNSS (GPS, GLONASS, BDS), LTE
mTouch Fingerprint sensor
Retina Sound (Hi-Fi audio, ES9018 and OPA 1612 chips)
Flyme 4.0 OS based on Android 4.4 KitKat
Colors: Gold, Gray, White
According to DigiPassion who discovered the fresh software, they were notified by a new version of Flyme OS in their phone. For those unfamiliar it is the company’s own OS that’s layered on top of an Android KitKat. After the 650MB update was downloaded and installed the software version is already Lollipop 5.0.1 (Flyme OS 4.5.1A).
The changelog was in Chinese so they could only guess what the improvements were, but the site reported to notice the following changes in their device:
- All the Lollipop goodies are there (ART runtime, improved battery performance, new UI animations etc)
- The overall phone speed and app launch time has noticeably improved
- Touch sensitivity and accuracy of the Home button has vastly improved
- The nagging heating issue has been resolved to a large extent
- AnTuTu benchmark score has shot to 49000+ (from previous 45K) placing it on the top spot and beating Galaxy Note 4
If you own one and haven’t automatically received the update you can opt to manually update your phone.