Ikobo Visa Debit Card
For over two years now, Ikobo has been a regular advertiser in this blog. Though I’ve never used them as a remittance service, I’ve heard from fellow bloggers that they offer one of the more convenient ways to process transactions — via an int’l ATM debit card.
Here are some of the things you’ll need to know about Ikobo Money Transfer service:
- The Visa Debit card is for electronic use only. It may be used on any merchant that accepts Visa.
- You get the Ikobo Visa prepaid card the first time you receive money. Subsequent remittances goes thru there. You can withdraw money form any ATM machine that has the Cirrus logo.
- Your 4-digit PIN will be sent to you separately, in an email. You will then need to call their toll-free number to activate your card before you can withdraw money from your ATM.
- You can check your balance and transaction history online at www.ikobo.com.
- Transaction charges are as follows — ATM Balance Inquiry: Free; POS Purchase: Free; Monthly Maintenance Fee: $0.99; ATM Withdrawal: $1.99 and Declined ATM Withdrawal: $0.99
The only other service I know that used a debit card tied up to your account is Paypal. And though Ikobo’s ATM prepaid card has some attached charges, it sure is very convenient to be able to gain access to your account anywhere there’s a Visa/Cirrus ATM around.