Acer Nitro 5 with Intel Optane Memory launched in the Philippines, priced
Looks like Acer isn’t done with the Nitro 5 just yet as they release another variant to its ever-growing line-up. This time around, they are outfitting the budget gaming laptop with Intel Optane Memory.
The new Acer laptop has almost the same specs with it’s previous Intel variants. Except for that Intel Optane Memory module and weaved chassis design. Just a little primer, Intel Optane is designed to help overall speeds of a device’s operation thanks to it’s 3D XPoint NVM technology, a big step up to standard NAND Flash.
Again, Optane is a kind of storage, so this will take up the M.2 slot on the Nitro 5 that’s supposed to be reserved for SSDs.
Acer Nitro 5 with Intel Optane specifications:
- 15.6? IPS Full HD display with ComfyView @ 1920 x 1080px
- Intel Core i5-8300H 2.3GHz Quad-core processor (Max turbo at 4.0GHz)
- Intel Core i7-8750H 2.2GHz Quad-core processor (Max turbo at 3.9GHz)
- 4GB DDR4 RAM (up to 32GB max)
- 1TB 5400rpm HDD
- 16GB Intel Optane Memory
- Intel UHD Graphics 630 (4GB)
- NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti GPU
- Backlit keyboard (Red only)
- 1280 x 720 webcam
- 2x speakers (Dolby Audio Premium)
- 1x USB 3.0
- 2x USB 2.0
- Network (RJ-45)
- HDMI Output
- 1x USB 3.1 Gen 1 Type-C
- WiFi 802.11ac, 2×2 MIMO
- Bluetooth 4.1
- Windows 10 Home
- 4-cell 3220 mAh Li-Polymer battery
- 135 W adapter
- 390mm x 266mm x 26.75mm
The Acer Nitro 5 with the Core i5-8300H is priced at PHP 59,999 while the one with the Core i7-8750H is priced at PHP 69,990. The laptop is now available at Acer concept stores and authorized retailers.