Android 10 update schedule for Nokia smartphones released
HMD Global has released the scheduled list of its Nokia smartphones that will be getting the latest Android 10 operating system.
There will be a total of 17 smartphones that will receive the update and all of them should be running the latest operating system by May 2020.
“After being the fastest to upgrade Nokia phones from N [Android 7] to O and O to P [Android 9], I am super excited to share with you that the Q(ueue) for Nokia phones is moving fast as we get ready to welcome Android 10 on Nokia smartphones – roll out starts in Q4, 2019,” said Juho Sarvikas, HMD Global Chief Product Officer
Here are the timeline and list of smartphones that will get the Android 10 update:
- Mid Q4 2019 – Nokia 7.1, Nokia 8.1, and Nokia 9 PureView
- Early Q1 2020 – Nokia 6.1, Nokia 6.1 Plus, and Nokia 7 Plus
- Mid Q1 2020 – Nokia 2.2, Nokia 3.1 Plus, Nokia 3.2, Nokia 4.2
- Late Q1 2020 – Nokia 1 Plus, Nokia 5.1 Plus, Nokia 8 Sirocco
- Mid Q2 2020 – Nokia 1, Nokia 2.1, Nokia 3.1, Nokia 5.1
HMD Global is also planning to release a 5G-powered Nokia smartphone sometime soon that is more affordable than the ones that have come out in the market already. We’ll know more once HMD Global releases more information on this device. Stay tuned.