Samsung re-introduces Galaxy Fold with better construction
After the backlash that Samsung received in its Galaxy Fold smartphone that initially launched last February 2019, the company is back at it again with a sturdier and more reliable construction.
The overall look of the Galaxy Fold doesn’t really have any changes, its internal structure was redesigned especially the hinges and the screen.
Hinges are now hidden behind a rubbery material which prevents it from getting dust and other small particles. The layer on top of the digitizer also extends beyond the edges to prevent sudden peeling of this part.
The Samsung Galaxy Fold is set to arrive in South Korea on September 6, 2019, with the following launches in various countries such as France, Germany, United Kingdom, Singapore, and the United States.
Pricing is yet to be announced so stay tuned. In the meantime, watch the full announcement video below.
Samsung Galaxy Fold specs:
- 7.3-inch 4.2:3 QXGA+ Dynamic AMOLED Infinity Flex display
- 4.6-inch 21:9 HD+ Super AMOLED display
- 2.85GHz Octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 855
- Adreno 640 GPU
- 12GB LPDDR4X RAM
- 512GB internal storage
- Triple rear cameras:
16MP f/2.2 ultra-wide camera
12MP f1.5/f2.4 wide-angle camera, Dual Pixel AF, OIS
12MP f/2.4 telephoto camera, PDAF, OIS, 2X optical zoom
- Dual front cameras (inside):
10MP f/2.2 front camera
8MP f/1.9 RGB depth camera
- 10MP f/2.2 cover camera
- 5G, 4G LTE
- Single SIM (nano)
- WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac
- Bluetooth 5.0
- GPS, A-GPS, GLONASS
- fingerprint scanner (side-mounted)
- USB Type-C 3.1
- Samsung Bixby (commands, dictation)
- Samsung DeX compatible
- 4,380mAh battery w/Fast Charging (QC 2.0), Wireless Charging, Wireless PowerShare (4G)
- 4,235mAh battery w/Fast Charging (QC 2.0), Wireless Charging, Wireless PowerShare (5G)
- Samsung One UI (Android 9.0 Pie)
- Cosmo Black, Space Silver, Martian Green, Astro Blue
Source: Samsung YouTube