Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera 4K officially announced
Blackmagic Design has officially announced the Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera 4K that comes with full 4/3 HDR sensor, dual native ISO with up to 25600 ISO, and 13 stops of dynamic range.
The Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera 4K features a a space age carbon fiber polycarbonate composite while still maintaining a light and compact body. It sports a full size 4/3 HDR sensor with native 4096 x 2160 resolution and 13 stops of dynamic range. Its 4/3 sensor is designed to match MFT lenses so the crop factor is greatly reduced. Its ISO can go up to 25600. It is packed with features such as a MFT lens mount, 5-inch touchscreen monitor, 10-bit ProRes and 12-bit RAW recording, 3D LUTs, 4 built-in microphones, mini XLR audio input with phantom power, Bluetooth wireless camera control, and HDMI on set monitoring output to name some.
The Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera 4K comes with fourth generation Blackmagic Design color science that lets you shoot HDR images in film, video, and new video modes. Images can be recorded onto standard SD cards, faster UHS-II cards or CFast 2.0 cards in either ProRes or RAW formats. It can record 4K images at up to 60 frames per second and windowed HD at up to 120 frames per second. It’s also the first camera that lets you record directly onto the same exact external USB-C media drives you use for editing and color correction.
Here’s the complete rundown of Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera 4K features:
- Full size 4/3 sized sensor with native 4096 x 2160 resolution sized sensor.
- Compatible with extremely high quality Micro Four Thirds lenses.
- Super wide 13 stops of dynamic range allows capture for high end feature film look.
- Up to 25600 ISO for incredible low light performance.
- Carbon fiber polycarbonate composite body which makes it lightweight, portable and durable.
- Multi function grip for quick access to recording start/stop, still photos, ISO, shutter, aperture, white balance, power and more.
- Built in SD, UHS-II and CFast card recorders.
- USB-C expansion port allows longer duration recording directly to an external SSD or flash disk.
- Standard open file formats compatible with popular NLE software such as 10-bit ProRes and 12 bit RAW.
- Features full size HDMI output for monitoring with camera status graphic overlay.
- Professional mini XLR input with 48 volts of phantom power for connecting to pro microphones.
- 3.5mm audio jack, headphone jack, and locking DC 12 volt power connection.
- Built in 5” LCD touchscreen allows accurate focus when shooting 4K.
- LCD supports on screen overlays including status, histogram, focus peaking, and transport controls.
- Records 4K images at up to 60 frames per second and windowed HD at up to 120 frames per second.
- 3D LUTs can be applied for both monitoring and recording.
- Blackmagic OS as used in URSA Mini and URSA Broadcast cameras.
- 4th generation Blackmagic color science.
- Supports remote camera control via Bluetooth.
- Includes full license for DaVinci Resolve Studio editing, color, visual effects and audio post production.
The Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera 4K will be available later this year for US$1,295 (~Php67,282.37) at all Blackmagic Design authorized re-sellers worldwide.
Source: Blackmagic Design