Huawei Mate 20 Pro scores 109 points on DxOMark
DxOMark, an independent benchmark website that assesses image quality of smartphones, lenses, and cameras, has released their rating on Huawei’s newest flagship smartphone, the Mate 20 Pro.
The overall score of the Huawei Mate 20 Pro is 109 which places it at the number 1 slot in the website’s rankings tying it up with the Huawei P20 Pro.
The smartphone received a 114 score in the photo quality with the pros and cons as follows:
- Well-controlled levels of image noise, even in low light
- Good target exposure and wide dynamic range
- Pleasant white balance and color rendering
- Fast and repeatable autofocus in most conditions
- Good zoom
- Unnatural rendering of fine details
- Loss of fine detail on faces in bokeh mode
- Autofocus inconsistencies when using flash
As for the video quality, the Mate 20 Pro gets a score of 97 with the following pros and cons:
- Fast and smooth autofocus with good tracking
- Efficient stabilization when holding the camera still
- Accurate white balance and pleasant colors
- Low noise levels, particularly in bright light
- Good exposure adaption to changing light conditions
- Camera shake when walking while recording, especially indoors
- Lack of fine detail
In conclusion, DxOMark stated that the Huawei Mate 20 Pro is capable of producing excellent photo and video results across all shooting situations.
“Still images show pleasant colors, good exposure and dynamic range, and a well-balanced approach to detail retention and noise reduction. Thanks to its 3x optical zoom lens, the Mate 20 Pro is also one of the best smartphones for zooming. Videos display many of the same characteristics as still images. Stabilization isn’t terribly effective while walking, and we observed a few video artifacts, but those are all relatively minor quibbles. Overall, the Huawei Mate 20 Pro is an easy recommendation to pass on to both mobile photographers and video shooters.”
Check our full review of the device here.