iPadOS v13.1 now available for download
Apple has just launched the iPadOS with software version 13.1 for iPad users. The OS was first announced at Apple’s WWDC 2019 event.
The iPadOS replaces iOS on iPads, and will still benefit from the new updates of iOS 13. Its features include the following:
- New Home Screen – New layout to show more apps on each page, Today View can now be added to the Home Screen allowing quick access to widgets.
- Split View and Slide Over – Apple finally allows multiple files and documents running from the same app simultaneously.
- Apple Pencil upgrade – users can mark up and send entire webpages, documents, or emails on the iPad by swiping the Apple Pencil from the corner of the screen. There is also a redesigned tool palette that gives quick access to tools, color palettes, shapes, object eraser, and the new pixel eraser.
- Files App upgrade – comes with an iCloud Drive support for folder sharing. It also supports external drives (USB drives and SD cards). It features local storage, zip and unzip, and new keyboard shortcuts.
- Safari Desktop version – when browsing via Safari, the browser will automatically show the desktop version of the website with the right scaling. It also comes with a download manager and 30 new keyboard shortcuts and enhancements.
- Text Editing Upgrade
- Dark Mode
- Custom Fonts
- Floating Keyboard – includes support for QuickPath
- Mouse Support via Bluetooth and USB
- Sign In with Apple – allows signing into apps and websites using Apple ID
- Performance Improvements
The iPadOS is compatible with the following devices:
- 12.9-inch iPad Pro
- 11-inch iPad Pro
- 10.5-inch iPad Pro
- 9.7-inch iPad Pro
- iPad (7th generation)
- iPad (6th generation)
- iPad (5th generation)
- iPad mini (5th generation)
- iPad mini 4
- iPad Air (3rd generation)
- iPad Air 2