LinkedIn’s 2021 list of Top Philippine companies
LinkedIn has recently revealed its 2021 list of Top Companies in the Philippines—a ranking of the best workplaces to grow your career.
As per LinkedIn, their parameters to gather data go beyond the companies that attract talent to uncover the companies that invest in their talent. Its methodology includes seven key pillars that cover the ability to advance, skills growth, company stability, external opportunity, company affinity, gender diversity, and educational background.
Here is LinkedIn’s list of top companies in the Philippines:
1. Philippine National Bank – The Philippine National Bank remained profitable in 2020, and was ranked among the Philippines’ top companies in the 2019 Asean Corporate Governance scorecard, being awarded “The Asian Banker’s Best managed Bank during COVID-19 and Best CEO Response to COVID-19”
2. Smart Communications – With the largest Job functions for Engineering, Information Technology and Sales, Smart was recognized by LinkedIn through their push to serve mobile-savvy Filipinos, with over 2,600 5G sites. Additionally serving 95% of the cities and municipalities in the Philippines.
3. Manila Water – Workers from Manila Waters recently gave the company their vote of confidence for helping employees re-enter work after enhanced community quarantines, with 94% of workers giving high marks for ease of getting back to work.
4. Philip Morris International – With their largest job functions being Operations, Sales and Business Development, PMI is driven to moving the Philippines towards a smoke-free future, merging the manufacturing unit of Philip Morris Manufacturing Philippines Inc to streamline operations.
5. EY – The company ran an incubation program for early start-ups called EY Foundry, selecting 12 participants from countries in the Asia Pacific including the Philippines. Its most common skills revolve around Accounting, Financial Reporting and Accounting.
6. LandBank of the Philippines – This company is a government financial institution that balances its social mandate of promoting countryside development while remaining financially viable.
7. Manulife – The Manufacturers Life insurance Co. Inc provides a wide range of insurance, investment, wealth management, and financial planning services having job functions for Finance, Information technology, and Sales.
8. Metrobank – Metrobank’s largest job functions include Finance, Support, and Sales, that being said, their principal business activities involve deposit-taking and lending, trade finance, remittance, treasury, investment banking, and thrift banking.
9. Accenture – Accenture is a global services company with leading capabilities in digital, cloud, and security. Most common skills involve Software Development, SQL, and Data Analysis.
10. Nestlé – The company’s aim is to offer a portfolio of products and services that evolve with consumer demands. The most common skills present are Fast-moving Consumer Goods, Supply Chain Management which extends to their Operations, Sales and Marketing functions.
11. The Coca-Cola Company – The company’s vision involves being the best total global beverage leader that generates sustainable economic, social and environmental value.
12. Macquarie Group – This company is a global financial services group operating in 31 markets in asset management, retail and business banking, wealth management, and more. Their largest job functions include Information Technology, Engineering and Business Development.
13. NCR Corporation – The NCR Corporation is an enterprise technology provider of software, hardware and services for banks, retailers, restaurants, small businesses and telecom and technology.
14. BDO Unibank – BDO Unibank deliver innovative products and cross-sell the BDO Unibank’s Groups services supported by procedures, systems and processes, ensuring customer satisfaction. Its job functions include Finance, Accounting and Support.
15. IQVIA – This Hospital and Health Care company commonly have skills in Qualitative research, Data Analysis and Quantitive Research. IQVIA is a world leader in using data, technology, advances analytics and expertise to help customers drive healthcare.
Furthermore, LinkedIn revealed that the methodology time frame is January 1, 2020, through December 31, 2020. Thus, to be eligible, companies must have at least 500 employees as of December 31 in the country and reductions in staff can be no higher than 10%. In addition, only parent companies rank on the list and all data counts are normalized based on company size across the pool of companies eligible, according to LinkedIn.
You may visit the LinkedIn website for more information.