MediaTek announces Helio G80 mid-range gaming chipset
After the successful launch of MediaTek’s Helio G90T, which is found on the Redmi Note 8 Pro, they are now releasing a new gaming chipset at a lower price point: the Helio G80.
The Helio G80 appears to be an overclocked version of the Helio G70. It’s built on the same 12nm node and comprises of 2 Cortex5A75 cores clocked at 2.0GHz, with 6 Cortex-A55 cores running at 1.8GHz. The GPU speed is also boosted, with the Helio G80’s Mali-G52 GPU running at 950MHz.
MediaTek also equipped the Helio G80 with high-end features like:
- HyperEngine Game Technology – allows for smoother gaming by actively managing the CPU and GPU, and smart switch to LTE + WiFi when the system detects a slow internet connection.
- HyperEngine Connectivity Enhancements – predicts WiFi & LTE concurrency in 13ms, and defers calls while gaming w/o dropping data connection
- VoW (voice on wakeup) – lowers the power consumption for voice assistants
- Multi-Camera Photography – allows systems to use different cameras with the help of hardware accelerators such as camera control unit, a dedicated depth engine, EIS, and Rolling Shutter Compensation
- MediaTek Neuro Pilot – boosts AI-Camera performance for tasks like object recognition, smart photo albums, scene detection, and more
- Secure ISP – adds a new layer of security for facial recognition
- Dual 4G VoLTE & improved WiFi
The Realme C3 will come with the new Helio G70, while devices with the Helio G80 are expected to launch starting later this month.