MediaTek Helio G70 gaming chipset now official
MediaTek has launched a new chipset aimed for mainstream smartphone gamers, the Helio G70.
The MediaTek Helio G70 sits below the Helio G90 and is a 12nm SoC that is equipped with an ARM Cortex-A75 and -A55 CPUs with large L3 cache, ARM Mali G52-class GPU and LPDDR4X memory controller. It also sports MediaTek’s HyperEngine technology to provide the following features:
• Intelligent prediction of Wi-Fi & LTE concurrency triggers in just 13 milliseconds
• A faster response between smartphone and cell-tower
• Simply defer calls while in-game without the connection dropping for a moment
• Intelligent, dynamic management of CPU, GPU and memory that ensures smoother, sustained performance even in long periods of high load
• Enhanced power efficiency for even longer gameplay
Other features include support for dual 4G VoLTE connectivity, 48MP camera sensors, eMMC 5.1 storage, secure ISP for face ID, photography accelerators, AI features for the camera, WiFi ac, and Bluetooth 5.0.
Devices to sport the new Helio G70 are yet to be announced.