MediaTek T750 5G chipset for Wireless Access Routers and Mobile Hotspots announced
MediaTek has announced its latest 5G chipset for fixed wireless access routers and mobile hotspots, the T750 5G.
MediaTek T750 5G aims to bring fast 5G connectivity into homes, businesses, and anyone on the go. It is an SoC built on a 7nm chip with an integrated 5G NR FR1 modem and quad-core Arm Cortex-A55 CPU. It features support for standalone and non-standalone (SA/NSA) sub-6GHz 5G networks, pre-integrated with software drivers for dual-band Wi-Fi 6, two-component carrier aggregation (2CC CA) for coverage extension of fixed wireless access products, home routers, as well as mobile hotspots on areas with dead spots.
Additional features of the MediaTek T750 5G include:
· Two-component 5G FR1 carrier aggregation in both FDD and TDD modes
· Support for up to 5CC LTE carrier aggregation
· Embedded GPU and display driver to support an HD display up to 720p
· Four PCIe interfaces for external Wi-Fi and Bluetooth
· Two 2.5Gbps SGMII interfaces to allow for a variety of LAN configurations
· PCM interface for external land-line phones
The T750 joins the MediaTek lineup of 5G chips powering smartphones, smart homes, and PCs. It is currently sampling with potential customers.