After multiple beta updates in the previous weeks, OnePlus has finally launched OxygenOS 5, for its OnePlus 5 users, which is based on Google’s latest Android 8.0 Oreo.
Here is the official changelog of the company’s first official Android O OTA update for the OnePlus 5.
Updated to Android O (8.0)
- Optimizations for Shelf
- Now you can upload your photo through Shot on OnePlus
- New Camera UI design
- Optimizations for photo quality
- Added beauty effect for Portrait Mode
- Added “Places” tab for viewing photos on a map
- Added history feature
- Added alarm calendar feature
- Added Parallel Apps feature
- New design for Quick Settings
- New design for Lift up display
- Added “Adaptive model” screen calibration
- Optimizations for Wi-Fi
- Optimizations for Battery Saver
- Updated Android security patch to December
Similar to previous updates, OnePlus says that the OTA will be rolling out gradually, which will mean that it will be available to a small percentage of users starting this Christmas eve, and a broader rollout to all OnePlus 5 users can be expected in a few days. Users can manually check for the update by heading to Settings > About Phone > System Update or change their location via VPN to receive the update right away depending on the region.
Via: OnePlus Forums