web analytics

QC Mayor supports ‘No garage, no car’ policy, should include PUVs

Quezon City Mayor Herbert Bautista expressed his support for the ‘No garage, no car’ policy that was proposed by the Philippine National Police Highway Patrol Group (HPG) to solve the worsening traffic in the metro.

The ‘No garage, no car’ policy prevents vehicle purchase if the buyer does not have a designated parking spot. The HPG proposed the policy when they took over traffic management along EDSA. Last year, Valenzuela Representative Rep. Sherwin Gatchalian filed the Proof of Parking Space Act which also has the same objective.

Mayor Bautista expressed support for the policy but suggested that public utility vehicles (PUVs) should also be included. He added that the Land Transportation Franchising and Regulatory Board (LTFRB) could refuse to issue franchises to PUV operators without terminals.

source: PhilStar

This article was written by Louie Diangson, Managing Editor of YugaTech. You can follow him at @John_Louie.

You may also like...

5 Responses

1. archie says:

Matagal na tong practice sa Japan since 1980s pero ngayon lang nila gustong iimplement. Talamak sa Metro Manila pero walang imik ang mga mayor since Atienza days.

2. WF says:

This would be ok and would help a lot to ease the traffic flow. I some streets Jeepneys are parked by using one and a half lane, producing bottlenecks. But I don’t trust Mayor Bautista. He is known that in the last minute he refuse to sign an ordinance, like the one dog per household ordinance. My neighbor now has 12 dogs and I can’t sleep no more.

3. Anony Mouse says:

Pang-QC ‘yung article, pero byaheng Pasay-Parañaque ‘yung mga jeepney sa picture. =)

4. WF says:

My comment was erases. I don’t know why. I wrote:

This would be ok and would help a lot to ease the traffic flow. In some streets Jeepneys are parked by using one and a half lane, producing bottlenecks. But I don’t trust Mayor Bautista. He is known that in the last minute he refuses to sign an ordinance, like the one dog per household ordinance

5. Jo says:

Hope this will be implemented.